Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Art Path

Doing the right things at the right times and places are key ingredients to having a decent art life. Too try to plan a certain outcome is futile. I think having a art career is like fishing only you don't fish with one hook, you fish with a net. I try to track successful artists that I know , I mean the ones who are getting PAID on a regular basis. I speak often of money , because it gives one time to do what they want on the art side. I ain't pure enough to ignore the money part of my art life. I want to make as much as I need to continue to be the artist I want to be. I love being independent. I saw a Jeff Koons segment on CBS Sunday Morning show-September 14, 2008 and I thought, here's an artist that doesn't have to be too concerned about heating and eating. I realize that all life problems don't go away ,no matter how much dough one has, I do however, realize that making money doing what one wants to, ain't bad. I want my art path paved with Ben Franklins often. That's my story and I'm stickin" to it.

No comments: