Thursday, September 11, 2008

Appreciated While Vertical

Artists should be appreciated while they are vertical. Many of my artist colleague are going in to the BIG studio these days. I have been fortunate enough to see my work acquired by a museum while I am vertical. I mention this to people and often they say they haven't been to the museum , it's in the city. It's the Kirkland Museum. I mention that it would be nice if people would see my work in that setting while I am vertical. Too many people wait until an artist is horizontal to celebrate them. I recently read an art column about Denver artist Dale Chisman, who recently departed this earth. He was a venerated artist and teacher. I was not able to attend the memorial for him, but I understand the room was overflowing with people who paid their respects. Dale was someone who was appreciated while he was vertical.

No comments: