Tuesday, September 9, 2008

About Money

After thinking about being taken to task about my thoughts on money and art life , I have decided to kick it up a notch. People who are pure in the art world don't want the mention of money. Well yours truly can't live with out the dough to run my art life.
Most of my colleagues understand that having some bread means that you get to be more in charge of your art destiny. A fire wall of Ben Franklins can protect you against art proof people and rejection.
As I write this, two of my colleagues are out on the road painting in other locals, well, this takes money. Dean Mitchell is driving an exhibition to an art center in Georgia, this takes money. Dean is well off enough to pay for shipping, but being the great businessman artist he is ,he often delivers exhibitions him self. I am going to talk about money and art until I get tired. If money ain't important , try having an art life with out it.

No comments: