Thursday, August 28, 2008

Market Or Starve!!!

Any artist that thinks some one will rescue them needs to understand that won't happen. Sitting in the studio and not getting out to circulate is not a good idea. The amount of information that one can garner just by walking around is remarkable. The world is a big university. I get so much data by walking and paying attention. I find money on the street often on my walks, I try take different routes , just to see something new. Getting new information helps one avoid the starving part of being an artist . I embrace the marketing/business component of my art life. Denver is ground zero for the DNC and there's so much energy in the city, there are several artists from other cities here and I have had a chance to find out what else is going on in other places. This is part of my market or starve mission.

No comments: