Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Giclee/cliche

I see giclees that are priced at as much as originals. People who don't know any better get ripped off all the time.I say people get the art they deserve. There are artists in communities who have originals priced at less than two dollars a day. People who have one dollar a day to spare can buy original art. Artists always have small works for sale. Reproductions were originally made because the original work was out of a person's price range or unavailable. The market is completely out of whack now a days. I have rebelled against the giclee thing by offering originals for one hundred dollars. I have been an artist for a long time, my mission is to get as many original works in circulation as is possible. To have something unique, no matter the size is special in my opinion. I am certain that people who are operating at warp speed will go out and spend thousands on cliches. Dang!!!!!! too bad ,to sad.

No comments: