Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Art Won't Fly

I have not shown in an art gallery for a number of years. One of the reasons is, I can market myself 1-2 hours a day. Many art galleries hang an artists work and hope that some one will come in and just write the check. That ain't gonna happen to often. Galleries have to churn the business to get business. I operate with out too much financial stress these days, this allows me to cherry pick my buyers. I do want to get as much of my work into circulation as I can. I like to sell work as well as the next artist. I am not a victim artist. I designed my art life to be independent of the traditional system ON PURPOSE!!!!!!! The best galleries are the ones that earn the commissions they get . My friend Richard Schmid decided a while back to slowly with draw from the traditional system and do his own thing. He's a virtuoso painter , but more importantly he's a very smart businessman.

No comments: