Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No Knowledge

Too many people still believe most artists are starving in garrets. Well, it's just not so. I recently had someone ask me if my art was my hobby or my profession? I was proud to say that I pay my way as an artist. I thought the question was a good one,it gave me reason to contiue to understand, that lay people have no clue that many artists are doing very well financially with their art. I always use the opportunity as a teachable moment to inform the fine art impaired. To be an artist is so special , and to get compensated as one is even better. The media doesn't do a good enough job to let people at large know that there are a large number of successful artists in the population, I mean in every discipline. So many people to educate, so little time.

No comments: