Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Art Life is Good

I just returned from Las Vegas and one of the highlights of my trip was , I got to see over three hundred Picasso works on paper. It was grand. I am a self taught Picasso scholar. I became interested in the artist because of his work ethic. To see that amount of work by one artist is spectacular and it urges me to continue to make as much work as I am able to. Picasso is in the Guinness book of world records as the most productive artist of the 20th century, he made 100,000 works of art. Whenever I get to thinking I have made too much work , I'll just think of Picasso who was obsessed with art making. I do think that each work made is like a deposit to a checking account, a kind of art bank. Deposits can lead to interest,no work is like a withdrawal.

No comments: