Monday, March 31, 2008

Taos/Santa Fe Road Trip

Over the spring break, I went to one of my favorite states, New Mexico. I had a great research trip in Taos and Santa Fe. I go to galleries to look and to see what I can do better in my city of Denver. My art life ain't too bad in Denver, because I take charge of it. I market as if my art life depends on it, and it does. I found acres of well made art in New Mexico, the thing I didn't see in galleries, except one was, terms available signs. I think galleries lose business to new people if the payment plan data is not posted. I come across NEW people to art on a regular basis, who do not know that art can be purchased on the time payment plan. Many gallery people say that they tell people about the e-z pay plan. I wonder what they do when there's a bunch of people in the gallery at one time? Payment plans need to be posted, that way new people won't be shy about asking. The end result is, the gallery makes money and the artist does also. I just had to get this off my brain. This trip was very special, I am energized. No art,no life.

No comments: