Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Long Art Career

I recently saw an artist at an art event, this artist has been very active in the Dever art scene. She told me she was going to go to grad school.
This gave me pause, I begin to think of the number of artists who have toiled away in Denver and Colorado who, decide to get out of town.
My thought is after being here for as long as I have, I have a good journeyman art career, so I don't plan on leaving. I have outlasted many artists who have had lots of press and exhibitions. I am glad I have had the courage to hold and stay. I will add there have been many hurdles to get over, in other words, lot of tryin times.

My career has legs in Denver because I didn't give up on the city. still have a lot of people who never heard of me, hence I have a lot of work to do.
A long art career requires that one be a marathoner.

No comments: